i went to the embassy last week to get a list of requirements, and i have to come up with more than 10 things! it's very overwhelming, and the fact that submitting all of the things on the list doesn't guarantee an approval makes me even more anxious. i know i shouldn't be scared, i didn't do anything wrong, but i spent a year saving up for this, and not getting the visa renders the entire plan useless. all my eggs are riding on this basket, so to speak, and it's really going to hurt when it goes down the drain.
but rather than be negative for the duration of this post, let me try to be helpful. for those of you who're wondering what the requirements are for the schengen visa application are, here's the list:
- duly accomplished application form (1 original and 3 photocopies)
- 1 photo pasted on the application form
- a valid passport (valid for a minimum of 6 months
- 1 photocopy of the data page of the valid passport
- previous passports
- documents to show economic means: bank certificate, bank books, ITR, international credit cards
- official invitation letter if invited by a friend
- if employed: certificate of employment and authorization for leave of absence (original copies); if self-employed: business permit, registration, company ITR (original and 1 photocopy)
- booking certificate from the airline office, with detailed itinerary and confirmed hotel reservations
- travel health insurance with minimum coverage of 30,000 euros, recognized in all schengen states, and validity period must be for the duration of the visa
- P4,010, cash payment for the visa (exact amount only)
- 2 big legal-sized brown envelope with applicant's surname, name, and telephone numbers on the upper left corner of th envelope
- 2 copies of duly filled application form for the courier service
i'll give you more updates on the schengen visa application process as i go. wish me luck!